If you are reading this, chances are you have some fears or concerns around the job search process. There are many unknowns and often you end up in interviews with cryptic questions that leave you wondering if the whole process was designed to make you fail.
Sadly, 80% of people are dissatisfied with their current jobs even if the money is good, but most won’t try to do anything about it for fear that they won’t be any better off anywhere else. This ultimately stems from the fact that very few companies ever really take their time with the hiring process and give you a chance to feel what the company is really like. You are held at arms length until your first day on the job. It’s a big risk considering most job environments seem great from the outside.
With these concerns in mind, we designed our hiring process to be quite different from what you’ve experienced at other companies. It may seem more involved at first glance, but it’s much less effort than finding out there wasn’t a mutual fit after you made the commitment to joining the team.
The primary difference in our process is that our biggest focus is whether you are a cultural fit. Technical skills can be taught, but the values by which people live are often unchanging. Our top-notch company culture is mostly due to our selection of people that believe in and live by the company core values.
You might be wondering what we mean by a top-notch company culture. It is based on an answer to one simple question to each of our employees. Are you happy here?
“I love being at Ventura because of the people. I feel like I am going to see my friends, not going into work.”
– Matt Ostermann, Flight School General Manager
How Our Hiring Process Works:
- Apply online.
- For All Positions EXCEPT Sales: An email is sent to you with our application attached. Fill out the application and submit with your resume and a cover letter. For Sales Positions: An email is sent to you with a link to an online sales assessment. Reply to the email with your resume.
- The top applicants are invited for a 10-minute phone call.
- The top phone calls are invited for a cultural fit and previous experience interview.
- We conduct references checks.
- A final interview is conducted focusing on your specific skills and details of the position.
- We make a job offer.
What You Can Expect:
- You have a chance to get to know us before you commit to joining our team.
- You don’t have to worry about any surprises. None of our interviews are designed to throw you off or keep you guessing. Further, we don’t ask ridiculous hypothetical or brainteaser questions.
- Our hiring process consistently predicts you will have greater than a 90% chance of success in our organization. This is compared to the national average of approximately 25% – 30% for typical hiring practices.
- The hiring process typically takes between 2-6 weeks from initial application to hire.
Recommendations From The Hiring Team:
No matter what job you are seeking, these recommendations are ways to get ahead in any application process.
- Fill out the application and follow the instructions and you’re already ahead in the game. Only 20-30% of people ever fill out the application. Most give up without submitting the application, they submit it without following the directions or they leave most of it empty. Be thorough and take your time and you will stand out.
- Research the company you are applying for. Go to their website, looked at their LinkedIn, Google them. Make sure you’d want to work there before you apply. Further, most people show up to the interview not knowing anything about the company, who the executive team is and leaves the hiring staff wondering how much you actually want to work at their company.
If you are excited about the opportunity of joining the Ventura team, we look forward to getting to know you. Apply here now.